Know more about NTSE
National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) is a national level scholarship exam that is conducted by National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) each year. The idea behind NTSE is to identify young potential and help promote them through financial support.
More on the scholarships by NTSE
NTSE awards 1000 scholarships each year to students.
“As per 1st July 2014 notification of NTSE cell, the scholarship amount has been enhanced from Rs 500 to
- Rs 1250/- per month for class 11th and 12th
- Rs 2000/- per month for under graduates and post graduates
- Amount of Scholarship for Ph. D will be in accordance to UGC norms”
For students pursuing courses in Basic Sciences, Social Sciences and Commerce, this assistance is provided up to Ph.D. level. For professional courses like Engineering, Medicine, Management and Law, this assistance is given only up to Post Graduation.
- This exam is only open for students who are studying in class X from a recognised school
- Stage I – Stage one involves a written exam conducted at the state/union territory level where the state chooses students to be sent for the second level.
- Stage II – Stage two involves a national level written exam that is conducted by NCERT. Top 1000 meritorious students are awarded scholarships by NCERT.
- Stage I and Stage II are comprised of three sections i.e. Mental Ability Test (MAT), Language Test on Hindi / Englsih (Its marks are not counted in the final result) and Scholastic Ability Test (SAT)
The exam pattern for both the stages is as follows-
- Mental Ability Test (MAT) (50 questions of 50 marks with time duration of 45 minutes)
- Language Test (LT) English / Hindi (50 questions of 50 marks with time duration of 45 minutes)
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) (100 questions of 100 marks with time duration of 90 minutes)
Note: At Stage II (National level) there will be negative marking in each paper. For each wrong answer 1/3rd mark will be deducted. No marks will be deducted for un attempted questions.