Legal Process Outsourcing: A challenging law career!
Another challenging career option to the existing fielda of law is that of Legal Process Outsourcing firms also known as LPOs. It is one of the fastest growing fields in the area of Knowledge Process Outsourcing (KPO). LPOs are basically organisations that offer legal services to their international counterparts. LPOs are high-end industries that are working offshore to minimise the legal cost undertaken by the company by handling their legal work in the form of projects and outsource the legal advice at reduced costs. It is one of the most thriving legal businesses in India.
The very fact that Indian lawyers are very proficient in English and are quick at understanding international laws of various countries, they get hired to work for their international clients. The works of the lawyers working in LPOs include doing legal researches to preparing agreements to providing litigation support to drafting memorandums etc.
Top five reasons to join an LPO!
- To be a part of this fast growing industry that is estimated to be worth 1 billion dollars by 2014. You will be amazed to know that in spite of the looming threat of world recession, this industry is still registering a growth rate of 40% per annum.
- While working for international client, the law professional get an opportunity to gain an international exposure of various cultures and legal systems.
- Big pay cheques also come in with hard work. A fresher can earn anything ranging from 20,000-30,000 per month.
- Just like any other service-oriented industry, LPOs also have limited working hours.
- LPOs also give its employees to do a variety of work and excellent growth opportunities.