SBI Bank PO: Preparation of Data Analysis & Interpretation
The Data analysis and interpretation section of SBI Bank PO carries questions of 50 marks.
Data Analysis & Interpretation
Data Analysis and Interpretation are a process of inspecting, cleaning, transforming, and modeling data to churn out useful information which may help in drawing conclusions and decision making. This section is of prime importance as 90% questions of 50 marks are asked from it. Data Interpretation questions typically have large amounts of data given in the form of tables, pie-charts, line graphs or some non-conventional data representation format
|Type of Data Interpretation||Marks|
|Pie Charts||10 Marks|
|Line Graph||05 Marks|
|Bar Charts||15 Marks|
|Grand Total||50 Marks|
As per syllabus the topics included for calculation purpose in data interpretation includes Number System, HCF and LCM, Mathematical Operations, Percentage, Ratio and Proportion, Partnership, Profit and Loss, Alligation, Simple Interest, Compound Interest, Area, Volume and Surface area, Permutation and Combination, Probability, Tabulation, Diagrams and Graphs and Data Sufficiency.
What does this section test?
The Data Interpretation section of SBI PO exam tests candidate’s decision-making ability and speed using limited input. The questions demand heavy calculation and typically test your approximation abilities
How to prepare for this section?
1. Increase familiarity with questions of different formats like pie charts, bar charts, tables etc.
2. Get used to of interpreting data. Learn visual estimation technique to solve Data interpretation questions. You need to make yourself comfortable with numbers. In the second step you should think about calculations.
3. Scan the questions, identify the level of difficulty of the given questions and know immediately which ones to attempt first.
4. Master art of speedy calculations. In exam calculators are not allowed. So learn easy shortcuts and techniques for doing mental calculations. Knowledge of Vedic Mathematics can help a lot in it.
5. Practice makes one perfect. Make your basics strong and do rigorous practice to increase your speed. This will enable you to scan the equations and get the answers immediately.