SBI Clerical Exam: Crucial Facts!
If you are thinking to get through SBI Clerk exam, following is the information that will for sure be beneficial for you!
SBI Clerk Exam has the following pattern:
Phase-I: Preliminary Examination: Preliminary Examination consisting of Objective Tests of 100 questions of 100 marks will be conducted online. This test would be of 1 hour duration consisting of 3 Sections as follows:
i. English Language (30 questions of 30 marks)
ii. Numerical ability (35 questions of 35 marks)
iii. Reasoning ability (35 questions of 35 marks)
Note: Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing passing marks to be decided by the Bank. Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by the Bank (approximately 20 times the numbers of vacancies subject to availability) will be short listed for the Main Examination.
Phase – II: Main Examination: The structure of main examination (online objective type) would be as follows:
i. General/ Financial Awareness (50 questions of 50 marks within 35 minutes)
ii. General English (40 questions of 40 marks within 35 minutes)
iii. Quantitative Aptitude(50 questions of 50 marks within 45 minutes)
iv. Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude (50 questions of 60 marks within 45 minutes)
Total 190 questions of 200 marks with time duration: 2 hours and 40 mins
- Each test will have separate timing.
- The questions in objective tests, except for the test of General English, will be bilingual i.e., English &Hindi.
- The candidates are required to qualify in each of the Tests by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank.
- There will be negative marks for wrong answers in the Objective tests. 1/4th mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Candidates will have to pass in each of the objective tests.
- The passing marks in each of the tests will be decided by the Bank on the basis of the performance of all the competing candidates taken together in each test to a minimum required level.
- Candidates are also required to score a minimum percentage marks on aggregate (For SC/ST/OBC/PWD/XS candidates, 5% relaxation available thereon).
- Minimum percentage marks on aggregate will be decided by the bank.
Phase – III: Interview
- Candidates qualified in the test (main examination) will be placed according to their marks in descending order in respective categories. Depending upon the number of vacancies only certain number of candidates amongst those who qualify by ranking high enough in the merit will be called for interview in the ratio of maximum 3 candidates for each vacancy.
- Candidates are required to score a minimum percentage marks (to be decided by the bank) in interview to be considered for final selection. 5% relaxation for SC/ST/ OBC/PWD/XS category will be available thereon.
Note: Interview call letters will be uploaded on the Bank's website after declaration of result of online test.
Test of knowledge of official and/or local language: Those who produce 10th standard mark sheet/certificate evidencing having studied official (local) language will not be subjected to any Language test. In case of others, language test will be conducted at the time of interview (if interview is held) /before final selection (if interview is not held). Candidates not found to be proficient in official and/or local language would be disqualified.
The above is the changed paper pattern of SBI Clerical exam. With more and more number of applicants applying for SBI Clerical exam, the competition is becoming tough. Some of the most common ways of preparing for SBI Clerical Exam is working on english communication by reading books, magazines and newspapers; practicing old papers for reasoning and quant and learning basic computer skills.
SBI Clerk Exam has the following eligibility:
Educational qualification – Must have cleared Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification
Age - Must not be less than 20 years and not more than 28 years.