An interesting by product of modern day marketing and advertising mix is event management. From 2,800 crore in 2012 to an estimated 4,375 crore in 2014, it is steadily growing at a pace of 20%. Events have been an important part of our human lives in forms of birthday parties, weddings, social gathering etc. Events have also made a way in to our professional lives in forms of meetings, exhibitions, conferences, product launches etc. What makes event management as a profession even grand is its production that now happens on a grand level for events such as award functions, reality shows etc.
Such growth also ensures a very promising future for event management aspirers. Following are the skills required to be a successful event manager -
- Management skills– A good event manager must have the ability to manage subordinates, clients, business associates, vendors, stress, deadlines etc. in order to conduct a successful event.
- Public relation skills– An event management aspirant must be a good manager who is able to manage different personalities and get the work done.
- Marketing skills– Marketing the event well comes in the package. Being a good marketer is pre-essential for running a good event management firm.
- Networking skills– Event management as an industry thrives and grows on the possessing and expanding personal network.
- Creative skills– Creatively conceptualising and conducting the event is imperative to beat the stiff competition in the market.
- Crisis management skills– Being able to manage critical situations with ease is extremely essential.
Top Event Management institutes
- EMDI Institute of Media & Communication
- National institute of Event Management
- College of Event & Media
- National Academy of Event Management & Development