About Bank Clerk
A bank clerk is a financial service professional who serves as the primary point of contact for most bank customers. A clerk administers basic banking transactions, documentation and administrative functions. Clerks are required in the different departments of the banks and due to that they are called with different names:
- Interest clerk : S/he records interest owed to saving account customers and interest owed to the bank from loans and other investments.
- Loan clerks : They record and organize loan information
- Statement clerks : Clerks who prepare monthly balance sheets for checking account customers
- Exchange clerks : Those who are involved in international accounts and foreign currency.
- Security clerks : These are who record, fill and look after stocks, bonds and other investments
There are mainly two sources which conducts bank clerk written exam viz.
- The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)
- State Bank of India (SBI)
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)
IBPS is an organization working since last 40 years. IBPS conducts Common Written Exam (CWE) for recruitment of clerk on behalf of 20 nationalized banks. It performs a wide spectrum of activities in personnel for recruitment, selection and promotion in these 20 nationalized banks.
It is useful to know that IBPS conducts exam every year for clerks. For more details, Click here.
State Bank of India (SBI)
The State Bank of India is the country’s oldest bank and has widespread network in India. It is headquartered in Mumbai. SBI conducts online objective prelim and mains exams which are followed by GD and Interview for clerk for its bank. Recently its associate banks viz. State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur, State Bank of Hyderabad, State Bank of Patiala, State Bank of Travancore and State Bank of Mysore have got merged into it.
Perks of Bank Clerk?
SBI mainly conducts exams as per requirement. The starting salary for clerical post is 11765-655/3-13730-815/3-16175-980/4-20095-1145/7-28110-2120/1-30230-1310/1-31540. And the total starting emoluments of a Clerical Cadre employee payable at a Metro like Mumbai will be around Rs. 20,950/-per month inclusive of Dearness allowance (D.A.) and other allowances. Click here.
Visit MyCareerLift article section for deep insight of banking.