Assistants in General Insurance Companies
Apart from the class I and II level posts in Insurance sector, there are other posts such as Assistants, Typists, Machine Operators, Stenographer, Telephone Operators, and Clerks etc. This group comes in the class III level category. They are recruited by the Divisional Office. The candidates applying for these posts have to go through a written test and an interview.
The information given below will help you to learn more about Assistant’s exams.
Application Fee (Non-Refundable) :
The application fees / intimation charges is a subject to change. As per last 2012 recruitment notification the application fee was:
- For SC/ST/ PWD/XS Candidates: Rs. 50/- plus service charges.
- For all Male Candidates except SC/ST/ PWD/XS candidates: Rs.200/- plus service charges.
- For all Female Candidates except SC/ST/ PWD/XS candidates: Rs.100/- plus service charges.
- The candidate should be graduate from a recognized University OR Pass in HSC / Equivalent (XII pass) examination with 60% marks (50% for Ex-servicemen, SC / ST and Persons with Disabilities); and
- The candidate should have knowledge of regional language i.e. Language of the state of recruitment is essential.
- The minimum age of the candidate should be of 18 years and maximum age should be 28 years. There are relaxations for the upper age limit.
The selection procedure of Assistant post is :
a. All candidates will have to appear for the written examination, thereafter; candidates will be shortlisted and will be called for Interview and Computer Proficiency Test.
b. Final selection will be made on the basis of performance in the Written Test, Interview and Computer Proficiency Test taken together.
c. The particulars of the Written Test is detailed as under
|Total Marks obtained shall be proportionately reduced to a base of 35 marks (A)||35|
|Total (A) + (B)||50|
- The questions in objective tests, except for the test of English Language, will be printed bilingual i.e. English & Hindi.
- There will be negative marks for wrong answers in the Objective tests. 1/4th marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Scale of Pay
The basic pay of Assistants is 7640/- and other admissible allowance as applicable. The total emoluments (Pre-revision) works out to approximately Rs.15000/- per month in the initial stage in a metro city.
Perks of Assistants