CLAT 2015 Notification
Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National University, Lucknow invites application for Common Law Admission test (CLAT) 2015-2016 for Under graduate and Post graduate courses in Law.
The online registration of application begins from 1st January 2015 ends on 31st March 2015
|Closing Date for Registration||31st March 2015|
|Payment of fees online||1st January 2015 to 31st March 2015|
|Payment of fees offline||1st January 2015 to 31st March 2015|
|Date of written examination||10th May 2015|
|Declaration of results||20th May 2015|
CLAT Eligibility for undergraduate programme
A candidate should be below 20 years of age as on 1st July, 2015 (22 years in case of SC/ST and Persons with Disability candidates)
A candidate should have obtained Higher Secondary School/ Intermediate (10+2) or its equivalent certificate from a recognized Board with not less than 45% marks in aggregate (40% in case of SC and ST candidates)
CLAT Eligibility for Postgraduate programme
The participating Universities have not prescribed any upper age limit for PG Programmes
A candidate should have obtained an LL.B./a five year integrated LL.B./any other equivalent degree from a recognized University with not less than 55% marks in aggregate (50% in case of SC/ST candidates)
There is first written exam (online objective type test) followed by online counseling.
The Pattern of Exam for undergraduate programme:
Objective test: The test will be online objective type, consisting of (i) English including comprehension, (ii) GK and Current Affairs (iii) Elementary Mathematics (numerical ability), (iv) Legal Aptitude (v) Logical Reasoning (200 marks).
Duration: 2 hours
* There will be negative marking of 0.25 mark for wrong answer.
The Pattern of Exam for postgraduate programme:
Objective test: The test will be online objective type, consisting of 150 questions of one mark each
1. Constitutional Law: 50
2. Jurisprudence : 50
3. Other law subjects : 50
such as Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, Family Law, property Law, IPR etc. (150 Marks)
Duration: 2 hours
*There will be negative marking of 0.25 mark for wrong answer.
(Note: this time there will be no descriptive type questions)
Selection Procedure for CLAT 2015
- The merit list-cum-preference will be the basic principle of admission for CLAT 2015 and the allotment of candidates to various NLU(s) will be based on the same. Hence, an online counseling would take place after the announcement of the CLAT 2015 results from 21st May 2015, wherein the candidates will be able to mark the preferences of the NLU(s) for admission within the stipulated period mentioned in the schedule.
- The specified number of the candidates from various categories will be allowed to participate in the online counseling against the actual seats available with the participating NLU(s), by logging in to the personal LOGIN ACCOUNT created by them at the time of registration and depositing the adjustable fees of Rs. 50,000/- (Rupees Fifty Thousand only) either online/offline by bank challan through the website.
- The candidates seriously interested in taking admission must deposit the required fees so as to be considered against the seats available with an NLU.
How to apply
- Candidates need to apply online through official website of CLAT website (www.clat.ac.in) between 1st January 2015 to 31st March 2015
- Candidates have to apply online but the mode of payment can be done online as well as offline.
- Candidates can do online payment through debit card/ credit card/ net banking.
- Candidates can do offline payment also. They will have to download “Bank Challan” and make the payment with additional bank charges at any branch of the designated bank.
Application fee : Non Refundable
|Serial no.||Category||Total amount|
|1||SC/ST||Rs 3500/- (Non refundable and non adjustable)|
|2||General /OBC/PWD||Rs 4000/- (Non refundable and non adjustable)|
*application fee includes cost of online application form and e-brochure
- The CLAT 2015 Online Application Form will be accessible on the CLAT website (www.clat.ac.in) between 1st January, 2015 to 31st March, 2015 along-with the Information Brochure. No hard copy of the Application Form and Information Brochure will be sold.
- CLAT 2015 Information Brochure (not the application form) will also be accessible from the respective website of all the participating NLU(s).
- A candidate will have to make payment on three occasions through CLAT website viz,
(a) Submitting the Online Application Form
(b) If interested in downloading the Previous Year’s Question papers (Rs. 250/- only (Non refundable / non adjustable) . For this the mode of payment is Online only.) and
(c) While participating in the counseling session
List of documents to be uploaded on website
The scanned copies of the documents to be uploaded in the PDF/jpg format by all the candidates are:
- Birth Certificate, if not available then standard 10th passing certificate issued by recognized board or Passport can be uploaded
- Standard 10th Marksheet
- Qualifying Examination Marksheet/Certificate such as 10+2 or its equivalent examination certificate from a recognized Board (for UG Courses).
- Qualifying Examination Marksheet/Certificate such as LL.B. or its equivalent examination certificate from a recognized University (for PG Courses).
- Front Facing Passport size photograph (3.5 cms x 4.5 cms) [JPG Format, SIZE-within 100 KB]
- Signature of candidate [JPG Format, SIZE-within 100 KB]
The scanned copies of the documents to be uploaded in the PDF format by a candidate depending on the applicability are:
- Category Certificate (SC/ST/OBC)
- Disability Certificate (Persons With Disability, P.W.D.)
- Special Category certificate like E.B.C.; B.C.; W.B.C.; D.F.F.; S.E.B.C.; Ancestral residents of village Sidhuwal, District Patiala; Son / Daughter of Defense Personnel Deployed in U.P. or Defense Personnel of U.P. either retired or killed/ disabled in action; Dependant of Freedom Fighter of U.P. and Kashmiri Migrant.
- Certificates in support of one’s claim for NRI/NRI Sponsored Candidate.
- Domicile Certificate in support of one’s claim for consideration under State Quota
CareerLift wishes you all the best for CLAT 2015!