CLAT 2017: All you need to know!
Chanakya National University (CNLU), Patna invites application for Common Law Admission test 2017 for Under graduate and Post graduate courses in Law.
-The online registration of application begins from 1st January 2017 ends on 31st March 2017
-Closing Date for Registration : 31st March 2017
-Availability of admit card: 20th April 2017
-Date of online examination: 14th May 2017 from 3pm to 5pm
-Declaration of results : 29th May 2017
Eligibility for undergraduate programme
-Candidates should be below Twenty (20) Years of age as on 1st July 2017 in case of all Unreserved/NRIs/NRI Sponsored categories candidates.
-A candidate should have obtained Higher Secondary School/ Intermediate (10+2) or its equivalent certificate from a recognized Board with not less than 45% marks in aggregate (40% in case of SC and ST candidates)
Eligibility for Postgraduate programme
Age : The participating Universities have not prescribed any upper age limit for PG Programmes
-A candidate should have obtained an LL.B./a five year integrated LL.B./any other equivalent degree from a recognized University with not less than 55% marks in aggregate (50% in case of SC/ST candidates)
-The online objective type test followed by counselling.
The Pattern of Exam for undergraduate programme:
-Objective test: The test will be online objective type, consisting of (i)English including comprehension (40 marks), ii) GK and Current Affairs (50 marks) (iii) Elementary Mathematics (numerical ability) (20 marks), iv) Legal Aptitude (50 marks) (v) Logical Reasoning (40 marks). Total 200 marks with time duration of 2 hours
* There will be negative marking of 0.25 mark for wrong answer.
The Pattern of Exam for postgraduate programme
-Objective test: The test will be online objective type, consisting of 150 questions of one mark each
1. Constitutional Law: 50
2. Jurisprudence: 50
3. Other law subjects: 50
such as Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, Family Law, property Law, IPR etc. (150 Marks)Duration: 2 hours
*There will be negative marking of 0.25 mark for wrong answer.
-(Note: this time there will be no descriptive type questions)
- The merit list-cum-preference will be the basic principle of admission for CLAT 2017 and the allotment of candidates to various NLU(s) will be based on the same. Hence, an online counseling would take place after the announcement of the CLAT 2017 results from 29th May 2017, wherein the candidates will be able to mark the preferences of the NLU(s) for admission within the stipulated period mentioned in the schedule.
- The specified number of the candidates from various categories will be allowed to participate in the online counseling against the actual seats available with the participating NLU(s), by logging in to the personal LOGIN ACCOUNT created by them at the time of registration and depositing the adjustable fees of Rs. 50,000/- (Rupees Fifty Thousand only)
- The candidates seriously interested in taking admission must deposit the required fees so as to be considered against the seats available with an NLU.
Application fee : Non Refundable
For General / OBC / SAP and other category candidates: Rs. 4000/-
For SC/ST category candidates: Rs. 3500/-
The candidates will have to bear the bank transaction charges for remitting the fee online
The cost of previous years question papers is Rs. 400/ (not included in the CLAT-2017 fee of Rs. 4,000/-
How to apply
- Candidates need to apply online through official website of CLAT www.clat.ac.in between 1st January 2017 and 31st March 2017.
- Candidates have to apply online and the mode of payment is also online only.
- Candidates can do online payment through debit card/ credit card/ net banking.
- Application form for CLAT-2017 shall be filled On-line only.
- The candidates are first required to register themselves at the CLAT-2017 website by creating a LOGIN account using an e-mail ID. The details of the login ID and password shall be then sent to the registered e-mail ID and through SMS to the registered mobile number of the candidate.
- The application form shall be available from 01st January 2017. The candidate can fill up the required details in the application form and save the same before finally submitting it. No hard copy of the filled in online application form is to be sent to the CLAT Office.
- The candidate shall fill his/ her preference order for all eighteen NLUs at the time of online application only. No change shall be allowed in the preference once the form is submitted by the candidate.
- For any information related to the eighteen NLUs, the candidate may refer to the e-brochure of the respective institutions which is be available at the CLAT-2017 website.
- The candidates must upload the self-attested scanned copies of the relevant certificates at the suitable places in the online application form.
- The original certificates/documents issued by the competent authority as specified in the CLAT-2017 Information Brochure are to be submitted to the allotted University only at the time of admission. The relevant photocopies of the certificate are required to be self-attested. -Photograph and signature of the candidate need not be attested while submitting the Online Application Form.
- The scanned photocopies of the documents to be uploaded in the PDF/JPG / JPEG format by all the candidates are as follows.
- Front facing passport size recent photograph with clear lenses (30 mm x 45 mm) [JPG/JPEG Format, size not more than 100 KB].
- Signature of the candidate [JPG/JPEG Format, size not more than 100 KB].
- The scanned photocopies of the documents to be uploaded in the PDF format by a candidate depending on the applicability are as follows.
- Certificate of impairment for Specially Abled Persons (SAP) and Scribe Declaration Form by the Scribe in the prescribed format.
- The certificates/documents listed above are essential requirements for admission to the UG and PG courses, if applicable to any candidate.
- Admit Card/Hall ticket shall be downloaded by the candidate by logging into his/her LOGIN account from 20th April 2017. The candidates shall take a print out of Admit Card/Hall Ticket and carry the same to the Examination Hall. The candidates shall read the instructions on the Admit Card carefully and carry all the requisite documents to the Examination Hall.
- Candidates are advised to visit CLAT-2017 website regularly for updates.
- The application form, complete in all respects must be submitted on or before 31st March 2017 (11:59 PM). Incomplete application forms shall not be considered.
- FOR NRI/NRI Sponsored seats, the applicants are advised to refer to the brochures of the concerned NLUs for more details.
- All NRI/NRI Sponsored Category candidates have to appear for the CLAT-2017 examination. However, the Foreign Nationals need not appear for the CLAT-2017 examination and they shall directly apply to the concerned universities.
CareerLift wishes you all the best for CLAT 2017!