IBPS PO Exam 2016 Notification
The IBPS is on its marks to knock in October 2016. The IBPS Bank PO will select candidates for posts of Probationary Officers / Management Trainee (VI) across India. The online registration of application begins from 26.07.2016 to 13.08.2016
|Online Registration||26.07.2016 to 13.08.2016|
|Payment of fees online||26.07.2016 to 13.08.2016|
|Availability of call letters for pre exam training||23.09.2016 to 08.10.2016|
|Conduction of pre exam training||03.10.2016 to 08.10.2016|
|Availability of call letters for online Preliminary exam||October 2016|
|Dates of Preliminary online examination||16.10.2016, 22.10.2016 23.10.2016|
|Date of declaration of Preliminary results||November 2016|
|Availability of call letters for Online Main Exam||November 2016|
|Online Main Exam||20.11.2016|
|Date of declaration of Main results||December 2016|
Age (As on 01.07.2016): Minimum: 20 years Maximum: 30 years i.e. A candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.07.1986 and not later than 01.07.1996 (both dates inclusive)
- Educational Qualification (As on 13.08.2016)
Candidate should have a Degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a University recognized by the Govt. Of India or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government. The candidate must possess valid. Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate that he/ she is a graduate on the day he / she registers and indicate the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation while registering online.
There is first Preliminary online objective type test followed by Online Main exam and interview.
The Pattern of Exam:
- Preliminary online Objective test: The test will be online objective type, consisting of (i) English Language (30 questions of 30 marks) (ii) Quantitative Aptitude (35 questions of 35 marks) (iii) Reasoning Ability (35 questions of 35 marks). The total maximum marks will be 100
- Main online exam : Online Objective test: The test will be online objective type, consisting of (i) Reasoning Ability (50 questions of 50 marks in 40 minutes) (ii) English Language (40 questions of 40 marks in 30 minutes) (iii) Quantitative Aptitude (50 questions of 50 marks in 40 minutes) (iv) General Awareness with special reference to banking (40 questions of 40 marks in 20 minutes) (v) Computer Knowledge (20 questions of 20 marks in 10 minutes) The total maximum marks will be 200
Duration: 140 minutes
Note: All the papers except English will be available in both English and Hindi.
For both Preliminary and Main exam -there will be negative marking for wrong answers in the objective test. ¼ th mark or 0.25 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer
- Interview : 100 marks
- The candidates will have to pass in each of the Preliminary objective test.
- Prelims is a screening test for Mains exam
- The passing marks in each of the tests will be decided by the Bank
- Minimum percentage marks on aggregate will be decided by the bank
- Those will qualify in Mains exam will be called for interview.
- Depending upon the number of vacancies, only certain number of candidates from the merit list will be called for interview
- Final selection will be made on the basis of performance in the Mains online test and interview taken together.
- The minimum qualifying marks in interview will not be less than 40% (35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates). The weightage (ratio) of CWE (Main exam) and interview will be 80:20 respectively
How to apply
- Candidates need to apply online through official website of the bank www.ibps.in from 26.07.2016 to 13.08.2016
- Candidates have to apply online and the mode of payment is also online. Candidates can do online payment through Debit Cards (Ru-Pay/Master/ Visa/ Maestro), Credit cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash cards / Mobile Wallets
Application fee and Intimation charge: Non Refundable
|Serial no.||Category||Total amount|
- Candidates must scan their photographs and signatures.
- Signature should not be in capital letters
- After filing the application form, they have to submit the data or save it.
- After this the candidates will get a provisional registration number and password. They should note it down for further usage.
- Candidates must take out the printout of the application form before submitting it online
- Three days after the payment of fees, the candidates will receive registration confirmation either by SMS/ Email
Why should you take IBPS Bank PO/MT (VI) exam?