RBI Officer Grade ‘B’ Exam 2014
Reserve Bank of India invites applications for the recruitment of 117 Officers Grade ‘B’ (General). The online registration of application begins from 3rd June 2014 and ends on 23rd June 2014. Just check out the important details for the exam.
Total no of Vacancies- 117
- For General Category: 58
- For SC: 15
- For ST: 08
- For OBC: 36
Date of Examination
The exam will be held on August 2/3/9/10, 2014. Depending on the number of candidates, the examination may be held on some other days also. The date & venue on which a candidate has to appear for examination will be specified in the Admission Letter (AL) to be downloaded by the candidate.
|Opening Date for Registration||3rd June 2014|
|Closing Date for Registration||23rd June 2014|
|Payment of fees (online)||3rd June 2014 - 23rd June 2014|
|Payment of fees (offline)||5th June 2014 - 26th June /2014|
- Between 21 and 30 years (candidates must have been born not earlier than 02/06/1984 and not later than 01/06/1993). For candidates possessing M.Phil. and Ph.D. qualification, upper age limit will be 31 and 33 years respectively.
- For candidates having experience as an officer in Commercial Bank/Financial Institution in Public Sector as also prior experience in Reserve Bank of India, upper age limit is relaxed to the extent of number of years of such experience subject to a maximum of three years. For such candidates, upper age limit should not exceed 33 years including experience
- A First Class Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 60% marks or an equivalent grade, in aggregate of all semesters / years ; OR
- A Second Class Master's Degree with minimum of 55% marks or an equivalent grade, in aggregate of all semesters / years; OR
- A Doctorate Degree; with minimum of 50% marks or an equivalent grade, in aggregate of all semesters / years in Master's Degree; OR
- Chartered/Cost Accountant/Company Secretary (ACS) with a Bachelor's Degree; OR
- A Post Graduate Diploma in Management / MBA qualification from institutions recognized by Government of India / University Grants Commission, with Graduation / Bachelor’s Degree.
- SC/ST/PWD candidates having second class with a minimum of 50% marks or an equivalent grade, in aggregate of all semesters / years in Bachelor's Degree examination: OR having a Post-graduate Degree or equivalent recognized qualification, are eligible to apply.
Number of attempts
Candidates belonging to unreserved i.e. General Category, who had already appeared four times for 'WE' for this post in the past, are not eligible to apply. No such restriction applies to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PWD, if the posts are reserved for them.
Selection will be through Examinations and Interview. Examinations will be held in two phases
Phase-I ON-LINE Examination (Objective Type) and
Phase-II Written Examination (Descriptive type)
I. Phase-I ON-LINE Examination (Objective Type)
The Paper consists tests of
- General Awareness
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude and
- Reasoning, with composite time of 130 minutes.
Candidates have to secure minimum marks separately for each test as well as aggregate, as prescribed by the Board. Candidates, who secure minimum marks separately for each Test, as prescribed, will be shortlisted for Phase-II of the Examination based on the aggregate marks obtained in the Objective Test.
II. Phase-II Written Examination (Descriptive Type)
- The Phase-II Written Examination (WE) will be conducted in September/ October 2014 (tentative) only for those candidates who are shortlisted for the same.
- The date and time-table will be intimated to the candidates concerned at the appropriate time.
- The Examination will consist of three Descriptive Type papers – (i) Paper I – English (ii) Paper II – Economic and Social Issues and (iii) Paper III – Finance and Management. Each of these papers is of 3 hours duration carrying 100 marks.
NOTE: Phase-I (except the test of English) and Papers II and III of Phase-II will be set bilingually in Hindi and English. Phase-I will be ONLINE (Objective Type) and only marking the correct choice is required. However, Papers II and III of Phase-II can be answered either wholly in Hindi or in English at the candidate's option.
Candidates will be short-listed for interview based on the aggregate marks obtained only in Phase II – Papers I, II and III. The minimum cut off marks for being short-listed for interview will be decided by the Board in relation to the number of vacancies. Candidates may opt for Interview either in Hindi or English. Final selection will be based on the performance of the candidate in Phase-II of the Examination and Interview taken together.
Application fee and Intimation charge: Non Refundable
|Serial no.||Category||Charges||Total amount*|
|1.||SC/ST/PWD||Intimation Charges only||Rs 100/-|
|2.||General and OBC||App. Fee including intimation charges||Rs 850/-|
* Bank/Transaction charges are to be borne by the candidate
How to apply
- Candidates have to apply only On-Line through the Bank's website i.e. www.rbi.org.in from 03.06.2014 to 23.06.2014. No other means/mode of applications will be accepted.
- Candidates have to apply online but the mode of payment can be done online as well as offline.
- Candidates can do online payment through MASTER/VISA/debit card/ credit card/ internet banking.
- Candidates can do offline payment also. Fee payment will be accepted from 2nd working day after registration and can be made within three working days. (For example: If one has registered on 18 June 2014, then he/she will be able to deposit the fee/intimation charges from 20 June to 23 June, 2014, considering 22nd June a non- working day). They need to take out print out of system generated fee payment challan and present it at any branch of any one of the banks, viz. Bank of Baroda / Bank of India / Bank of Maharashtra / Central Bank of India / Indian Overseas Bank / Punjab National Bank / United Bank of India.
- Candidates must scan their photographs and signatures.
- After filing the application form, they have to submit the data or save it.
- After this the candidates will get a provisional registration number and password. They should note it down for further usage.
- Candidates must take out the printout of the application form before submitting it online
- Three days after the payment of fees, the candidates will receive registration confirmation either by SMS/ Email
Selected Candidates will draw a starting basic pay of `21,000/- p.m. in the scale of `21000-1000-30000-EB-1000-32000-1100-36400 applicable to Officers in Grade B. At present, initial monthly Gross emoluments are approximately `51,517/-.
Why should you take RBI Officer Grade ‘B’ exam?
Visit mycareerlift.com and access career lift competitive online and offline test packages to ensure your sure shot success
If you wish to apply, HURRY !!!