SBI PO Recruitment 2014
This is an entrance exam that attracted as many as 17 lakh candidates last year. The State Bank of India PO exam is all set to knock in June 2014. The SBI PO exam will select candidates for 1,897 posts of Probationary Officers across India. The online registration ends on April 24th 2014.
Date of Examination
|Closing Date for Registration||24 April|
|Date Fee Payment (On line)||7 April to 25 April|
|Date Fee Payment (Off line)||10 April to 28 April|
The candidates should be graduates on or before 10.08.2014 and aged not below 21 years and not above 30 years as on 01.04.2014 i.e candidates must have been born not earlier than 02.04.1984 and not later than 01.04.1993 (both days inclusive).
There is first a written exam followed by an interview. The candidates need to go through two phases of the exam in order get selected. The first phase has an Objective Test and Descriptive Exam while the second stage consists of a group discussion and an interview.
The Pattern of Exam
Objective Test of English Language, General Awareness, Data analysis and interpretation, Reasoning (200 Marks).
Duration: 2 hours
Descriptive test of English Language
(comprehension, small outline, article and letter writing) 50 Marks.
Duration: 1 hour
Group Discussion 20 Marks
Group Discussion (Rural) 10 Marks
Interview 30 Marks
Experience 10 Marks
Candidates who qualify both, the objective test and descriptive test will be called for interview and group discussion. The marks secured in first phase will be converted and calculated out of 75, whereas marks secured in second phase will be converted and calculated out of 25. Thereby, out of the total of 100 marks, merit list will be published.
How to apply
1. Candidates need to apply online through the official website of the bank www.sbi.co.in between
April 7 and April 25.
2. The candidates have to apply online. But the application fee can be paid on any ONE of the two
- Payment offline: Candidates, when applying online, should submit the system generated cash
voucher/ challan form with the candidate's details at State Bank of India branch counter with
the requisite fee.
- Payment online: Online payment can be made through debit card/ credit card/ Internet
Why should you take SBI PO exam?
- It is for PO posts in India’s largest bank in terms of assets.
- It gives you a government job that promises not only decent salary but numerous perks and facilities.
- It is socially prestigious to become a probationary officer in the country’s leading bank.
- Any graduate of any stream and any caste or category within the age limit is eligible to apply.
- It is a fair exam a major portion of which is objective. It really tests people’s aptitude through various
- Candidates must scan their photographs and signatures.
- After filling the application form, they have to submit the data or save it.
- After this, candidates will get a provisional registration number and password. They should note it down for further usage.
- Candidates must keep the print-out of the filled application form before submitting online.
- Three days after the payment of fees, the candidates will receive registration confirmation either by SMS/ E-mail.
If you wish to apply, HURRY! Only few days to go!