SSC Combined Matric Level Examination
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts Combined Matric Level examination for recruitment to the posts of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and Grade ‘D’ and Lower Division Clerk.
The candidate should be between 18 to 27 years. The age of candidate will be verified from 10th class mark sheet.
- 5 years in the upper age limit for SCs/STs and 40 years for SC/ST women.
- 3 years for OBCs and 38 years for OBC women.
- 10 years for physically handicapped candidates.
- 35 years for widows, divorced women and judicially separated women for UR category.
The candidate should be a 12th pass from a recognized board or university.
The application fees is usually rupees one hundred only. But due to extant Government orders, women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen eligible for reservation are exempted from paying application fee.
The Examination will comprise of a Written Objective Type Examination followed by Skill Test in Stenography at 100 w.p.m. and 80 w.p.m. for Stenographer Grade ‘C’ &’D’ respectively.
Combined Matric Level Syllabus and Exam Pattern
A. The written exam will consist of one objective type paper.
|Part||Paper/Subject||Marks||No. of Questions||Time||Time|
|I.||General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50||
2 hours 40 minutes
|III.||English Language and Comprehension||100||100|
- The questions except part III will be set in both Hindi and English Language.
- There will be negative marking for wrong answers in the objective test. ¼ th mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Try out our free online test series to get real feel of the test.
B. Skill Test
Candidates who obtain the qualifying marks in the Written Examination as may be prescribed by the Commission will only be called for the Skill Test. The skill test will be of qualifying nature and the Commission will fix the qualifying standards in the skill test for different categories of candidates.
The candidates will be given one dictation for 10 minutes in English / Hindi at the speed of 100 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and 80 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘D’. The matter will have to be transcribed on computer only.