SSC Stenographer (Grade C & D) 2014 Recruitment
Commission will hold a Combined All India Open Examination for 2014 recruitment to the posts of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and Grade ‘D’. The Examination will comprise of a Written Objective Type Examination followed by Skill Test. The details are as follows.
Staff Selection Commission will select candidates for 534 posts of Stenographer including Grades ‘C’ and ‘D’ together across India. The last date for online registration of application is 25th June 2014.
Date of Examination
|Closing Date for Registration (Part I)||25th June 2014 up to 5.00 PM|
|Closing Date for Registration (Part II)||27th June 2014 up to 5.00 PM|
|Date of written examination||14th September 2014|
- Vacancies of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ are in Ministries/Departments of Central Government, located mostly in Delhi.
- Vacancies of Stenographer Grade ‘D’ are for Ministries/Departments of Central Government including Attached/Subordinate offices located in States and Union Territories all over the country
- Tentative vacancies for Stenographers Grade ‘C’ : 38 (UR-27, SC-1, ST-06, OBC-4, OH-1, VH-NIL, EX.SERVICEMEN - NIL)
- Tentative vacancies for Stenographers Grade ‘D’ : 496 (UR-300, SC-62, ST-33, OBC-101, OH-11, VH-02, EX.SERVICEMEN - 19).
18-27 years as on 01.08.2014 (Candidates born not before 02-08-1987 and not later than 01-08-1996).
The candidate should be a 12th pass from a recognized board or university.
The examination will consist of a paper based Written examination and Skill test in stenography.
Pattern for the Exam
The written exam will consist of one objective type paper.
A. Objective test: The test will be paper based multiple objective type of 2 hours for all and 2 hours 40 mins for visually handicapped.
- General Intelligence & Reasoning (50 Questions & 50 Marks)
- General Awareness (50 Questions & 50 Marks)
- English Language and Comprehension (100 questions & 100 marks)
Note: There will be negative marking for wrong answers in the objective test. ¼ th mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
B. Skill Test
- Candidates who obtain the qualifying marks in the Written Examination as may be prescribed by the Commission will only be called for the Skill Test. The skill test will be of qualifying nature and the Commission will fix the qualifying standards in the skill test for different categories of candidates.
- The candidates will be given one dictation for 10 minutes in English / Hindi at the speed of 100 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and 80 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘D’. The matter will have to be transcribed on computer only.
How to apply
- Applications must be submitted only in the prescribed format On-line or by Post.
- The online submission of the application may be made at website www.ssconline.nic.in.
- Registration is done in two stages. In Part I registration, candidate will have to fill basic information. Part II registration requires filling of payment details, uploading of photograph and scanned signature.
- Mode of payment is online as well as offline.
- Those who want to pay online through SBI net banking, can go directly to part II registration after completion of part I. Candidate will have to supply registration number and date of birth to continue to Part II registration.
- For offline payment of fee in cash, candidate should take print-out of challan generated online after completion of part I registration. Deposit the requisite fee in pay branch of State Bank of India and then continue with the Part II registration.
Application fee and Intimation charge: Non Refundable
The application fees is Rs.100. Fee is exempted for all Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen eligible for reservation, as per Government orders.
Visit mycareerlift.com and access career lift competitive online and offline test packages to ensure your sure shot success.
If you wish to apply, HURRY !!!