- No Data Available
St. Xavier’s College Entrance test 2016
St. Xavier’s College invites application for its Entrance Test for various courses of Bachelor in Management Studies (B.M.S.) for the Academic Year 2016-2017. The online application begins from 1st May 2016 to 30th May 2016.
|Closing Date for online Application||May 30th 2016|
|Dates of examination||June 4th, 2016|
Selection Process: The admission to the BMS degree courses will be via an Admission system which consists of an entrance exam (60%), and the marks obtained in the Std. XII Exam (qualifying exam – QE) (40%).
Eligibility for undergraduate programme
- Candidates belonging to the General Category (GC) whose date of birth falls on or after 1st June 1993 are eligible to appear for the Entrance Exams BMS/BMM 2016. Candidates belonging to the Catholic religious community and SC/ST candidates who are born on or after 1stJune 1991 are eligible to appear for the Entrance Exams BMS/BMM 2016.
- The date of birth as recorded in the School Leaving Certificate, First Board / Pre-University Certificate / Birth Certificate issued by a Competent Authority will be accepted. In case of minority candidates the Baptism Certificate will be necessary.
- Year of passing Qualifying Examination (QE): A candidate must have passed a QE or will be appearing for the same in 2016. Those who will be appearing in the QE later than June 30th, 2016 are not eligible to apply for BMS/BMM 2016.
- The final examination of the 10 + 2 system conducted by any recognised Central / State Board, including the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education, Mumbai, Pune, etc., Central Board of Secondary Education, (C.B.S.E.) New Delhi, Council for the Indian School Certification Examination, (I.S.C.) New Delhi.
- Intermediate or 2 year pre-university examination conducted by a recognised Board / University.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of 5 subjects.
- Candidates belonging to the General Category, must secure at least 65% marks in aggregate in their QE.
- Candidates from the Minority Community must secure at least 60% in the QE.
- SC/ST candidates must secure at least 55% marks in their QE.
The Pattern of Exam: The test will have two sections - objective as well as subjective on (i) English Language skills ii) General Knowledge and current affairs (iii) Basic Mathematics (iv) Reasoning & Critical thinking (v) Data Interpretation (vi) Creative Thinking ( Time duration of 2 hours )
*The questions are to be answered in English medium
Application fee: For SC/ST is Rs 400/-
For all others is Rs 600/-
How to apply
- Candidates need to apply online through official website www.xaviers.edu. (from 1st May to 30th May 2016)
- The mode of payment is also online only.
- For online payment use Credit/Debit Cards of Nationalized or other banks as listed on the website.
- Follow the instructions given on the website carefully for filling the online application form
- Once a payment has been received the candidate will receive an email to confirm and will be able to download and print an Admit Card for the Entrance Exam.
- The Candidate will need to affix a recent passport size photograph and get it attested by their School/College Principal or a Gazetted Officer and carry it to the Examination Hall.
- The Last date for receipt of the completed application form:
a. The Last date for receipt of duly completed online application forms is 30th May 2016.
b. Any application received after this date will not be accepted.
c. No acknowledgement card will be sent
- Admit Cards:The college will issue an online Admit Card which needs to be printed out and brought to the Examination Hall after attestation of their photograph.
CareerLift wishes you all the best for St. Xavier College Entrance test 2016!