Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET)
Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) is a common written test exclusively for undergraduate students seeking admission to Symbiosis Law School, Pune and Noida.
For undergraduate programmes
The eligibility criteria for SET-B.A L.L.B (Hons.) and BBA L.L.B (Hons.) are mentioned below:
- The candidate should have passed XII (10+2) examination from any recognized Board with minimum 45% marks (40% for S.C. /S.T. candidates). Students who have appeared for their Standard XII final examination and awaiting results are also eligible to apply.
- Candidate should be less than 20 years of age at the time of appearing for SET (2 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates i.e. 22 years).
The syllabus/exam pattern for SET-B.A L.L.B (Hons) and BBA L.L.B (Hons) are mentioned below:
|S.No||Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Total no. of Questions||150||150|
The candidate seeking admission to Symbiosis Law School, Pune should adopt the following procedure:
- The applicant must register online for Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET).
- He/she must pay Rs. 1500/- as SET Registration Fee.
- He/she must register online for SLS, Pune through an online form available at www.symlaw.ac.in
- This should be followed by payment of Rs. 1000/- as SLS, Pune Online Application Fee.
Mode of payment
- Online Payment: Payment can be made using Credit Card or via Net Banking. It can be done simultaneously for SET Registration and SLS, Pune. Or
- Demand Draft in favor of 'Director, Symbiosis Law School, Pune" payable at Pune, to be sent to Symbiosis Law School, Pune.
- In case, the payment is made by Demand Draft, then please mention your Name, SET ID and Contact number on the back side of the Demand Draft.
The total intake is 300 seats [Inclusive of 120 seats of B.B.A, LL.B (Hons.*) and 180 seats of B.A, LL.B (Hons.*)
** Separate Merit Lists for B.B.A, LL.B (Hons.*) and B.A, LL.B (Hons.*) programmes will be prepared and published.
Note: Please note that these two programmes differ only in First Degree subject (either Humanities OR Business Courses) whereas the same Law courses are offered to both the programmes. Graduates in both streams are eligible for diverse legal career & opportunities including Corporate, Civil Services, Advocacy, Judiciary, Academic, International Organization Jobs, and International Admissions etc.
For postgraduate programmes
The eligibility criteria for SET- LL.M are mentioned below:
- Three / Five years LLB Degree from any Indian or Foreign University recognized by the UGC with at least 50% marks or equivalent grade. [45% for SC/ST Candidates]. Candidates who have appeared for the final year LL.B. examination may also apply.
- The candidate has to apply online at www.symlaw.ac.in
- It is important to note that there is no written examination and all registered and eligible candidates will be called for Group Discussion, Interview and Legal Writing Sample.
60 Students (10 per Specialization)
Registration Fee & Mode of Payment:
- The registration fees is Rs. 2000/-
- DD in favor of "Director, Symbiosis Law School Pune" payable at Pune and send it to Symbiosis Law School, Senapati Bapat Road, Pune- 411 004 [ Please mention your Registration No. and Name at the back of demand draft ] OR
- Cash at SLS Pune Counter on all working days
Reservation of seats (For both UG and PG programme)
|Reservation of seats|
Within the sanctioned intake:
Wards of Serving/Retired Defense Personnel
Over & above sanctioned intake:
|Kashmiri Migrants||2 seats per Programme|
|International students||15 % (including foreign nationals, PIO and NRI)|
SET Exam & results Usually Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) is conducted in the first week of May and results get out by third week of May every year.