- No Data Available
Undergraduate courses: BBA, BBM and Integrated programmes
BBA, BBM and Integrated programmes are introduced in recent times at undergraduate level courses for the field of management. Gone are the days when commerce students had BA, B.com only as their study options. Time from the 90’s has reached to the year 2015, increasing the popularity of such courses tremendously. Such programmes have added healthy choices to the basket of budding students’ nutrition, who are seeking their wholesome future in the field of management.
Let’s have a look to the basic outline of these courses:
The Bachelor of Business Administration is abbreviated as BBA, which is a bachelor's degree in commerce and business administration for specific concentrations. In most universities, the degree is conferred upon a student after three years of full-time study in one or more areas of business concentrations.
Bachelor of Management Studies is abbreviated as BMS, is an undergraduate program for those who are interested in pursuing management studies. This full-time three-year degree programme has been introduced in several institutes of the country. This programme has the specialization option in the commencement of 2nd year.
IPM refers to the Integrated Programme in Management. This programme is aimed at students who have passed out of class XII/Higher Secondary or equivalent from various schools in India. Its duration is of five-years. It is offered by the Indian Institute of Management, Indore.
The above mentioned courses are offered recently by some of the reputed colleges listed under-
- Indian Institute of Management, Indore: The five-year Integrated Programme in Management (IPM), the first of its kind in India launched by IIM Indore. It has designed outstanding creative programme for management aspirations. It is interesting to note that only IIM, Indore offers this integrated programme in management.
- St. Xaviers College: St. Xavier’s College is a part of a group of Charitable Trusts called the “Jesuits”. They continuously strive to gain new perspectives and new areas for research. They offer Bachelor’s in Management studies (BMS) of three-years which include six semesters.
- NIRMA University: Nirma Education and Research Foundation was established in 1994 and it’s Institute of Management which was set up in 1996 is now counted among the leading B-school in India.
- UGAT-AIMA: Under Graduate Aptitude Test (UGAT) is a standardized test is designed to measure a person’s general aptitude and technical skills. It is administered by All India Management Association (AIMA).
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies: Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies is a part of the SVKM. Since 1934, SVKM has been a non-profit organization. SVKM's NMIMS began in 1981. It is now recognized with a 'Deemed-to-be-University' status. NMIMS has been spread to 4 campuses in the country.
- Christ University
- Symbiosis Institute: Symbiosis International Educational Centre is a deemed university which has several institutes for different courses. And for the general recruitment it conducts SET. Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies is one of its institutes for undergraduate course viz. BBA which was inaugurated in the year 2004.
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University: Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University conducts its own Common Entrance Test (IPU-CET) examination for various undergraduate courses. Under IPU-CET code 125 - BBA & Allied Programmes.
- Devi Ahilya Vishwavidhyalaya, Indore: DAVV is the only state University in Madhya Pradesh accredited with 'A' grade by NAAC in 2014. It conducts CET for various undergraduate and post graduate programmes. It has 27 University Teaching Departments and 270 affiliated colleges the University.