Sex Education today has become a dire need, given the spurt in sex-related crimes especially with children and teenagers. Most of these crimes go unreported due to lack of awareness and education. Some points-
- Sex Education will help the children develop a healthy and more scientific attitude towards sex.
- This kind of education will help the girls know that they have the right so say NO when they are forced into any kind of sexual act.
- This education will also develop a healthy attitude among boys and help them understand that women are not for consumption or they are not objects of sex, but equal partners in a mutually agreed act.
- Part of the problem in our culture is instead of facing sex issues, we suppress them that in turn creates a distorted view of sex among children and youth.
- Due to lack of information, this section resorts to porn and other unhealthy means of getting information. They may get a dangerous or perverted view of sex, that may lead to psychological problems or crimes in future.
- Rapes, domestic violence against girls, sexual abuse in the family etc are issues that should force the government to take a positive stance over sex education.
- If we try to suppress sex-related information, our children would get a wrong idea that sex is unhealthy, which is turn will trigger their curiosity.
- Sex Education can be imparted to girls and boys in co-ed schools separately to eliminate the matter of embarrassment.
Quote latest figure of rape and domestic violence against adolescents to emphasize on your points.