After corruption, if there is one problem that India has still been struggling with over many decades, it is terrorism. India today is an easy target of terrorists, given the glaring lapses in the general security of the country. India also becomes an easy prey due to its diversity in religion and culture.
- There are many causes of growing terrorism in India. One of the major causes in poverty and unemployment. Unemployed and frustrated youth are lured towards terrorist organisations and mafia.
- Another cause is the lethargic approach of the government towards the poor and the depraved.
- Terrorism is also growing due to a large amount of inequalities in terms of caste, class, religion, education etc.
- India has never been the safest country and no government has ever tried to make efforts in this direction to solve the safety problem permanently.
- The only solution lies with the government to create jobs and take stronger steps towards employment of the youth. It is very important to engage the youth in creative and constructive employment.
- The government needs to increase the general security of the country by implementing measures at public places, railway stations, bus stations and in public transport.
- Religious fundamentalism must be discouraged to a great extent. Fundamentalists are easily corrupted and can be lured into terrorism. The government needs an anti-fundamentalism law.
- Stricter laws must be formulated in terms of religious fanatism.